- Drug Information
- Health & Safety
- Pill Testing And Adulterants
- Politics and Society
- Levamisole Testing
- The Law and You
- General Discussion Forums
- DanceSafe Talk
- Drug Chat
- Health & Fitness
- Video Training Sessions
- Lab Test Results
- Testing Kits
- Small Complete Card Pack (5 each)
- Complete Drug Info Card Pack
- 2C-B Drug Info Cards
- Acid Drug Info Cards
- Alcohol Drug Info Cards
- Cocaine Drug Info Cards
- DMT Drug Info Cards
- DMT Poster
- Ecstasy Drug Info Cards
- GHB Drug Info Cards
- Hearing Information Cards
- Heroin Drug Info Cards
- Ketamine Drug Info Cards
- Marijuana Drug Info Cards
- Mushroom Drug Info Cards
- Nitrous Oxide Drug Info Cards
- Poppers Drug Info Cards
- Speed Drug Info Cards
- Tobacco Drug Info Cards
- DanceSafe ETY•Plugs™
- DanceSafe Stickers!
- Jumbie / DanceSafe Poster
- Refunds, Returns, Exchanges
What is DMT?
- DMT, or N,N-dimethyltryptamine, is a hallucinogenic or psychedelic drug that occurs naturally in the human body and many plants. It is the active ingredient of Ayahuasca, the South American psychedelic brew known for spiritual divination.
- DMT free-base is a crystalline material, usually with an orange-pink tint and a mothball odor.
- 5-Methoxy-DMT (5-MeO-DMT) is not DMT, but is an analog “cousin” of DMT. It is a white powder, 5–10 times stronger than DMT.
- DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can usually be purchased at $10-30 per 'hit' or between $150 and $400 per gram.
How is DMT used?
- Most people smoke DMT free-base, either vaporized by itself in a glass pipe or mixed with a smoking herb such as parsley, mullein, or marijuana. Rarely, DMT is injected.
- DMT is not active orally, unless combined with MonoAmine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) such as harmaline found in Ayahuasca.
What are the effects?
- DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are characterized by their short duration and rapid onset.
- Effects can be felt instantly, the sudden onset of effects (the “rush”) can be overwhelming.
- The effects peak and plateau for 3-5 minutes, and gradually drop off with a total duration of 30-45 minutes.
- Users generally report intense open and closed eye visuals, slight auditory hallucinations, a powerful 'rushing' sensation, increased heart rate and blood pressure, radical changes in perspective, color-shifting, dilated pupils, and an inability to conceptualize time.
- Many users describe profound, life-changing experiences, visiting other worlds, talking with alien entities, frightening and overwhelming forces, complete shifts in perception and identity followed by an abrupt return to baseline.
- Negative effects can include lung and throat irritation, stomach discomfort, urge to urinate, and intense experiences often causing overwhelming fear.
- Large and rapid blood pressure and heart rate increases are usual, and may produce a pounding pulse and chest tightness.
What is the dosage?
- A standard dose of smoked DMT free-base is between 15 and 60 mg, but it is always best to begin with a small dose to determine your sensitivity.
- A standard dose of 5-MeO-DMT is 5-20mg, or 10-30mg if snorted.
- Do not smoke DMT or 5-MeO-DMT if you have any heart or blood pressure conditions, have a personal or family history of serious mental illness, feel as if you are in emotional or psychological turmoil, or taking any medications.
- MAOIs are contraindicated with a variety of everyday foods and drugs such as soy sauce and Prozac, and can be deadly in combination. Do lots of research before taking any MAOIs.
- Do not be fooled by their short duration, DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are some of the most powerful psychedelics known. Use in a positive mindset and in a safe environment. If you don’t have these, consider waiting until you do.
- Users are advised to remain seated or lying down while smoking.
- DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are Schedule 1 controlled substances and are illegal to possess, buy, distribute, or manufacture in the United States.
Learn more about: