DanceSafe Announces Launch of New Mexico ChapterKristin Karas
By: DanceSafe National Staff
Can’t stop, won’t stop!
We are excited to announce the official launch of the New Mexico DanceSafe Chapter which will be taking place this weekend at MeowWolf’s Vortex! Our newest DanceSafe Chapter will provide services at events throughout the state including in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Taos.
New Mexico DanceSafe services and initiatives in the state and surrounding areas include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in the New Mexico nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in getting involved? Join the New Mexico Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today!
Last, but not least, stay connected with New Mexico DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.