By: DanceSafe National Staff
Our team of passionate harm reductionists is growing, and we couldn’t be more excited to announce the official launch of the Pittsburgh DanceSafe Chapter! After many hours of recruitment, training, and dedication, we have selected a stellar leadership team occupying the roles of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Pittsburg DanceSafe services and initiatives to the nightlife community in the city and surrounding areas include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are part of the Pittsburgh nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, join the Pittsburgh Chapter by completing our online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today! Services and additional information may be requested at email@example.com.