By: DanceSafe National Staff
After a hiatus, Bay Area DanceSafe is back in action! Bay Area DanceSafe was the first ever DanceSafe Chapter founded in 1998 so it’s especially fitting that the Chapter is revived as DanceSafe celebrates its 20th birthday this year.
Bay Area DanceSafe will provide services at events in the SF Bay Area, San Jose, Santa Cruz, and the surrounding areas.
Bay Area DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free ear plugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in the Bay Area nightlife community and are interested in helping keeping people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to email@example.com.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Bay Area DanceSafe Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Bay Area DanceSafe on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.