By: DanceSafe National Staff
Michigan, WE ARE BACK! Detroit DanceSafe has regrouped and revamped itself relaunching as Michigan DanceSafe thanks to dedicated recruiters and our newest DanceSafe Officers. With a background in event promotion, harm reduction, drug policy reform, and community organizing, the Michigan DanceSafe team is ready to hit the ground running in 2019.
Michigan DanceSafe will provide services at events in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and the surrounding areas.
Michigan DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in the Michigan nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Michigan DanceSafe Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Michigan DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.