By: DanceSafe National Staff
Our team of passionate harm reductionists is growing, and we couldn’t be more excited to announce the official launch of Oklahoma DanceSafe! After many hours of recruitment, training, and dedication, we have selected a stellar leadership team occupying the roles of President, Vice President, and Secretary.
Oklahoma DanceSafe will provide services throughout the state including Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and the surrounding areas. Additional areas may be serviced upon request as organizational capacity allows.
Oklahoma DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent adverse medical incidents, overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
Oklahoma DanceSafe’s first event will be at Overdose Awareness Day with SHOTS taking place Saturday, August 31st from 12 – 4 PM CST at the Dennis R Neill Equality Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Local? Stop by to support an important cause and find out how you can get involved with Oklahoma DanceSafe!
If you are an event producer in Oklahoma and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Oklahoma DanceSafe Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Oklahoma DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.
Last, but not least, help Oklahoma DanceSafe get on their feet by reaching out to them to make a donation or purchasing item(s) from their Amazon wishlist. Don’t forget DanceSafe is available on Amazon Smile as a charity of choice under “Dance Safe.”