DanceSafe will be onsite at Decadence this New Year’s Eve (12/30 & 12/31) to provide health and safety resources and peer-to-peer outreach, once again!
Some of DanceSafe’s services and initiatives aim to:
- Provide safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Provide free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Provide free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Provide free ear plugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Provide honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offer a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offer drug checking services to prevent overdose and death [where feasible]; and
- Work with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
DanceSafe is partnering with Big Gigantic’s LIL G’s and The AMPLIFY Project to provide the services listed above, gain signatures for the petition to Amend The RAVE Act, and co-host a “Winter Survival Kit” Clothing Drive to support Colorado Coalition for the Homeless! The drive will take place from 5:30pm MST- 10:00pm MST at the main event entrance of the Colorado Convention Center on both 12/30 & 12/31.
“Winter Survival Kit” items include:
- Sleeping Bags
- Adult Backpacks
- NEW Socks (wool)
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- New or gently used coats
- Hand/Foot Warmers
- Travel Size Kleenex or Tissues
- Bus Tokens
- Quick Service Restaurant Gift Cards
- Granola bars (healthy)
- Bottled water
- Winter boots
- Work boots
We are accepting any of the items listed above! Tis’ the season to make #ABigGiganticDifference!
See you there!