By: DanceSafe National Staff
Ohio, WE ARE COMING TO YOU! We are excited to announce the addition of Ohio DanceSafe to our team.
Ohio DanceSafe will provide services throughout the state including Cleavland, Columbus, and the surrounding areas. Additional areas may be serviced upon request as organizational capacity allows.
Ohio DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent adverse medical incidents, overdose, and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in Ohio and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Ohio DanceSafe Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Ohio DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.
Last, but not least, help Ohio DanceSafe get on their feet by reaching out to them to make a donation or purchasing item(s) from their Amazon wishlist. Don’t forget DanceSafe is available on Amazon Smile as a charity of choice under “Dance Safe.”