Froehde Reagent is a solution of sulfuric acid and sodium molybdate. It is an advanced kit and should NOT be used as a stand-alone kit. Froehde’s most important use is in identifying 5-APB and 6-APB, which are often misrepresented as MDMA and are difficult to identify with other reagents. In conjunction with our other kits, Froehde may also be useful in identifying other new psychoactive substances. Contains enough reagent for approximately 50 tests.
• Pay only $15 each when you buy five or more individual testing kits.
• Pay only $12.50 each when you buy ten or more.
• Pay only $10 each when you buy 30 or more.
Mix and match okay. – Discounts automatically applied at checkout.
Standard and Complete sets not included, since they are already discounted.
- MDxx – Black
- 5-APB and 6-APB – Purple
- Methylone – Yellow
- Amphetamine and Methamphetamine – (No reaction or perhaps red)
- PMA and PMMA – Very light green
More color reactions:
IMPORTANT: Never have more than one reagent bottle open at a time. If you mix up the caps and put the wrong cap on the wrong reagent bottle, this may cross-contaminate the reagents and ruin them. Be sure to perform the tests in a well-lit location.
- Scrape a tiny bit of your pill or powder onto a large, white ceramic plate. Use just enough powder to see on the plate.
- Take the reagent bottle out of the plastic safety container. Remove the cap and turn the bottle upside-down a couple inches over the powder. Squeeze one drop out of the bottle onto the powder. Be careful to not let the dropper bottle touch your powder or you will contaminate and ruin the rest of the reagent. Replace the cap.
- Observe the color change right away. Use the Froehde column of the color chart included with your kit to evaluate your test.
If the reagent either does not change any color during the first 30 seconds or if it produces some other color-change sequence, then the pill definitely does not contain any of the above substances. It may also be highly adulterated with one or more unknown substances. You can use other DanceSafe reagents on new samples to look for the presence of other substances. Wash the testing surfaces with soap and water as soon as possible.
Storage and Handling Instructions
Froehde Reagent is primarily sulphuric acid and is strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Wear latex gloves when handling the bottle and cap. If you get some on you, then wash quickly with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda. Store all testing kits in a cold, dark place (like your refrigerator) between uses.
NOTE: Froehde reagent can only determine the PRESENCE, not QUANTITY or PURITY, of a particular substance. Dark color reactions will tend to override reactions to other substances also in the pill.
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate that a drug is safe. No drug use is 100% safe.