Simon’s is a secondary test that tells the difference between MDMA and MDA, as well as methamphetamine and regular amphetamine.
Get an Automatic Bulk Discount!
• Pay only $15 each when you buy five or more individual testing kits.
• Pay only $12.50 each when you buy ten or more.
• Pay only $10 each when you buy 30 or more.
• Mix and match okay. Discounts automatically applied at checkout.
• Testing kit sets not included, since they are already discounted.
General Testing Instructions
The Simon’s reagent actually consists of two reagents in two, separate bottles, marked “A” and “B”. Bottle “A” has a yellow label, and bottle “B” has a green label.
IMPORTANT: This test is to be used only after you have first received a positive result with Mandelin, Mecke or Marquis reagent. It should never be used alone. Always use one of the other reagents first to identify the presence of a particular set of substances Only afterwards should you use this test.
IMPORTANT: Never have more than one reagent bottle open at a time. If you mix up the caps and put the wrong cap on the wrong reagent bottle, this may cross-contaminate the reagents and ruin them. Be sure to perform the tests in a well-lit location.
- Scrape a tiny bit of your pill or powder onto a large, white ceramic plate. Use just enough powder to see on the plate.
- Take reagent bottle “A” (the yellow label) out of its plastic safety container. Remove the cap and turn the bottle upside-down a couple inches over the powder. Squeeze one drop out of the bottle onto the powder. Be careful to not let the dropper bottle touch your powder or you will contaminate and ruin the rest of the reagent. Replace the cap. (Note: The reagent can be a dull orange color. This is just the color of the solution in bottle “A”, and does not indicate anything yet. It is only after the second solution is mixed with the first that you need to observe a possible color change.)
- Take reagent bottle “B” (the lime-green label) out of its plastic safety container, remove the cap and add a drop of the solution into the same powder/liquid already on the plate from step 2. Replace the cap and put the bottle back into its safety container.
- Observe the color change right away. Use the Simon’s column of the color chart included with your kit to evaluate your test.
Note: In some kits, solution A may be a dull sea-green color, or it may be clear. This is normal. What you’re looking for is a change in color. In all cases, the presence of MDMA/MDE/Methamphetamine/methylone will be indicated by a change to a bright cobalt blue. If no color change is observed when solution B is added, then the substance contains MDA, amphetamine, or MDPV.