About Party in Place
The mission of Party in Place is to address the impact of COVID-19 on the electronic music and nightlife communities and beyond. This program seeks to (1) provide resources to meet the unique needs of electronic music and nightlife community members and (2) mobilize partygoers to contribute to slowing down the spread of COVID-19.
Whether on the dance floor or at home, we are all in this together.
Party in Place Initiatives & Services
Party in Place initiatives and services focus on the topics of social distancing, mental and emotional health, and harm reduction for people who use drugs during this unprecedented time. In the name of flattening the curve via shelter in place, ALL Party in Place initiatives and services will be hosted online.
Current Initiatives & Services
- Disseminate educational materials regarding social distancing, mental and emotional health, and harm reduction for people who use drugs during COVID-19
- Team up with artists to host live streams to raise funds to ensure both artists and DanceSafe persevere through these financially tough times
- Amplify other organization’s activities such as online social gatherings (e.g. virtual music festivals, artist live streams, etc.), mindfulness workshops, and other opportunities to promote overall well being during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provide online emotional peer support groups in conjunction with the Zendo Project for event staff within the music industry to take care of those that make all the magical experiences we love possible
- Host online social gatherings such as flow sessions for our community to come together and connect
Stay tuned as more unfolds in the coming weeks!