General Testing Instructions
IMPORTANT: Never have more than one reagent bottle open at a time. If you mix up the caps and put the wrong cap on the wrong reagent bottle, this may cross-contaminate the reagents and ruin them. Be sure to perform the tests in a well-lit location.
- Scrape a tiny bit of your pill or powder onto a white ceramic plate.
- Take the reagent bottle out of the plastic safety container.
- Remove the cap and turn the bottle upside-down a couple inches over the powder.
- Squeeze one drop out of the bottle onto the powder.
- Be careful to not let the dropper bottle touch your powder or you will contaminate the kit and ruin the entire bottle.
- Replace the cap.
- Observe the color change right away.
- Use the color chart to evaluate your test.
Storage and Handling Instructions:
The DanceSafe reagents are primarily sulfuric acid with other potentially dangerous chemicals and are strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Wear latex gloves when handling the bottle and cap. If you get some on you, then wash quickly with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda. Store all testing kits in a cold, dark place (like your refrigerator) between uses.
NOTE: DanceSafe Reagents can only determine the PRESENCE, not QUANTITY of particular substances.
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate that a drug is safe. No drug use is 100% safe.